The before-for

After purchasing a 3d printer and finally figuring out how it works, fell in love with a lot of the work from RN EStudio so I pledged a year on the Patreon. What follows is a painting journal for their miniatures line. 

The sheer number of minis to print and paint is enough to keep me going for a massively long time. It also increases monthly. Since I usually only paint an hour or so a day, and I'm not a higg teir painter, this is the perfect opportunity to expand my horizons and measure what progress I might be able to make. 

In an effort to record what I'm doing for reference, I've started this up. The idea is to keep track of progress, and see if there's any improvement while I go through their line, as well as trying out and/or improving techniques.

I'm not going for professional jobs here, just trying to get slightly better on each one, and record things so that there's a reference for color schemes that turn out well, or techniques that seem to work well. 

So here's the ground rules:

  • Alphabetically going through the "Pre Supported Legacy Vault", finishing one then moving on to the next
  • Bases are randomly chosen from other prints, unless there is a model specific one
  • Pick a specific technique for each mini to focus on: layering, blending, glazing, wet blending, etc. Doesn't have to be the whole of the mini.
  • Keep links to specific tutorials that we're following along on or using
  • Record print information, as well as paints and mixtures used.

The tools:

  • Phrozen Sonic Mini 4k resin printer
  • AnyCubic Wash and Cure v2.0 station
  • Anycubic Grey resin
  • Mostly Reaper Master Series paints, with some Citadel and Formula P3 paints mixed in for base/layer/wash paints
  • Few inks when called for (detail in the specific posts)
  • Home done wet pallet (tupperware, sponges, and store brand parchment paper)
  • Raphael 8404 size 0 and 1 brushes, W&N Series 7 detail size 00

Comments

Popular Posts